At Mare your privacy matters to us and we are committed to respect and protect your privacy and your personal information.
By visiting our website or by visiting one of our client's websites (which will provide you with notice of its use of Mare and this policy) or by signing up via our website, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as outlined in this policy.
Who and what is Mare?
Mare is a Feedback and Survey tool that allows website owners to display micro-surveys on their websites, and ask feedback from their visitors and users.
How does Mare work?
Website owners install some code on their website, and are able to create surveys that will pop up during a visitor’s session. If you do not answer a survey, no information is collected aside from the fact that a survey was displayed. If you answer the survey, the website owner will have access to your responses.
Mare is run by Out From The Crowd Marketing Ltd, a Canadian startup incorporated in and headquartered in Vancouver.
What information we collect:
We collect information in the following ways:
- Active collection: information you provide to us when signing up to Mare. When creating a Mare account or signing-up for content or offers, we may ask you to provide us with your name, email address and details about your organization. We will only use this information to provide you with the service that you signed-up for and where we would like to use the contact details you have provided us with for any other purpose we will inform you and obtain your consent before proceeding.
- Passive collection: information which is automatically collected, without your knowledge, whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site and the content on each of our clients' site pages, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our clients' sites and web services.
Through the Mare tracking code embedded by our client on their website, the information collected includes:
- Device-specific data
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device browser information;
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Log data
Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Mare. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed;
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing Mare or other websites owned by our clients that may use Mare. Please note that by doing so some features of the website you visit may be unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Party Services
Mare uses a variety of services hosted by third parties, such as Google Analytics. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how Google Analytics collect and use your information, please refer to their privacy policies. By using Mare, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.
How Mare collects information
We provide our clients with a tracking code, which will be used to collect your information and transmit this to our servers based in the United States. When you visit a website which makes use of Mare, this tracking code will automatically collect the information based on your activity and store it in our servers, for our client's analysis. Information will also be collected from cookies which will be placed on your computer or device by the website.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from minors.
Access to and Disclosure of information on Mare
The information collected can only be accessible by users designated on the client's Mare account. It may also be accessible by Mare and Liquid Web Hosting in certain limited circumstances. Other than explained in this section, we do not rent, sell or disclose your personal information to third parties, for their own use.
- We will not disclose any information to any third party. It may be necessary to share your personal information or part of it, with Liquid Web Hosting which store the information within their servers, solely related to the storage facilities. Liquid Web Hosting is bound by confidentiality.
- We will also disclose your personal information as well as any client information where we are bound to do so, at law or via a court order, to meet any legal or regulatory requirement or obligations. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that those requirements or obligations are in accordance with applicable law.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information as well as client information to any third party if we have reasonable information to believe that the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of an investigation and for the enforcement of any breaches of the terms and conditions of use, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, protect the rights and interests as well as the property of Mare.
- Any disclosures for other purposes, including disclosures with any other third parties not mentioned in this policy, shall require your consent. The disclosure of any sensitive personal information shall require your consent.
- We may also share aggregated non-personal information with the public or with any third party for advertising the Mare service.
How we secure Mare data
We have implemented various measures to ensure that the information is adequately protected against unauthorised access, use, disclosure and destruction. Please keep in mind that risk can never be eliminated but can be significantly reduced. All measures which we have taken significantly reduce the risk. We will not be held liable by any third party in the event of unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure of information.
- Access to the information stored within our servers is restricted to a limited number of Mare employees and to users designated on our client's accounts. Liquid Web can access the information only in specific and limited circumstances. Our employees, our clients and these third parties are bound by confidentiality.
- Our servers are protected by a) firewalls establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the internet and b) IP restrictions, limiting access to whitelisted IPs.
- Each client may only access information pertaining to the sites it is tracking and to the users browsing on its website pages.
- We use HTTPS where available for our site pages and services providing secure transfer of data to prevent wiretapping and man-in-the-middle attacks.
You may opt-out from having Mare collect your information when visiting a Mare website at any time by using a ‘Do Not Track’ header.
You may deactivate your Mare account and / or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers from us at any time, by emailing us at info[at]mare.io
Changes to this Policy